domingo, 24 de enero de 2010

IT´S TEATIME!!!

My name is Cyril and I am from Ireland. I´m doing my homework in my bedroom, it is raining outside and…. I can hear my mum calling me for tea. It´s 6 o´clock in the evening. It´s teatime!!!! I run downstairs as I hear the teapot boiling in the kitchen. Did you know…????

Ireland is the largest tea consumer in the world. They take their tea VERY seriously! You won't find a convention, work meeting or other event that does not allow for a morning or afternoon tea break on the schedule! Everybody has tea in Ireland.

To have a nice cup of tea you add the milk to the tea cup first and then you pour in the tea.

Irish tea is served generally three times a day; 11:00 in the morning, 3:00-5:00 for afternoon tea and a high tea at 6:00 pm, serving as the evening meal. Afternoon tea is the more "fancy" of the three teas- the one with scones, breads, jam, curds and other dainties.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario